Returning back to school, to the routine, to the University or to the office in September always brings us strength and energy. It is a new beginning and, of course, full of illusions and ideas. Because we are going to start over, and the beginnings are full of energy. I propose that this time the beginning should come full with good energy and plastic-free!
MATERIAL TO WRITE
I am one of those who believes that, in some aspects, traditional is beautiful.
- Pencil of wood with graphite of all the life, because is also biodegradable.
- I have a metal sharpener, which is many years old.
- Similarly to the pencil, I use highlighters are made of wood.
- However, I use a normal eraser because I have not found another alternative.
- Pens: either I collect them in the street or conserve ones that got years ago and the I buy replacements.
- Fountain pens: Bare refillable, these are the best option.
How to join pages
- Paper clips that are reusable
- Rings or similar, this I used to have when I was at primary school, and are great
- Stapler without staples
- Glue stick in glass , this is plant based and is perfect to joint papers
- Cardboard file organizator, most of them can be reused as many as its needed and even have replacements
To take notes in the university I used my laptop directly to avoid using paper, but if I need to print I use recycled folios or reuse those that I find that have not been used on both sides.
However, what I do is that when buying a notebook, it should fulfill this criteria :
- To be compostable, being plastic-free
- If possible, let it be recycled
- Look in neighborhood bookstores to help small business
- To use only a notebook for all subjects
- I prefer to use loose sheets in my wooden folder, because I have had it for a long time.
In this video by Béa Johnson you can see how to reuse sheets to make a notebook.
Finally, I have a backpack that is already many years old and it’s still new, I recommend investing in a good backpack that lasts as long as possible.
But if you are looking for a new one, please follow this tips and look for:
- Fair trade